Monday, June 1, 2009

Virgin stitcher













Well, Cathy said it all.

I confess. My name is Curtis and I'm a novice needle worker.

The last time I did any kind of 'structured sewing' was at the age of seven. Back then I also toyed with fuzzy felt, glitter ,safety scissors and the idea of being a super hero. I didn’t think, for a second, I would ever be revisiting any of those crafty concepts again.

Never say never! I’m now a forty year old man with a new sewing machine and not ashamed to say it.

Cathy persuaded me to buy a ticket to the Clothkits ‘sew in’ at the Barbican Centre. I went to the centre with Ingrid and we met up with Cathy once there. It was brilliant! We made a cushion, yeah, that’s all it took. I tell you, it was tantric and now I can’t stop sewing. It’s like some strange bodkin has been used to stitch my right foot to the sewing pedal.

So join us on our sewing extravaganza. There’s gonna be tears, laughter, soft furnishing, failures and even more successes, I hope.

No comments: