Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Long time so sew.
Cathy's been holding the 'fabric fort' whilst I've been training to become a teacher. So Cathy I thank you for your patience.

Since my last entry I've been sewing like a madman, completing numerous projects with some failure and lots of success and Ive loved every minute. My stitching has proved a welcome tonic to the life and training of a newly qualified teacher, which at times has been emotional torture.

I have been documenting my projects along the way but i'm not sure they are of any interest, but I will find the pics and stick them on.

One of the most exciting things that has happened in the sewing circle is the addition of Mr D Edwardes who lives down the road, I talked him into buying a sewing machine from Johnny Lewlews (John Lewis) I got us enrolled onto a local mixed ability garment making course. Our teacher Jenny Fuller is wonderful!

The course lasted 10 weeks and took us through fabric, pattern cutting and a multitude of trade tricks and practices that I would never had been able to master on my own. We ever persuaded Jenny to continue our lessons through the summer until I start my pattern cutting course in the Autumn.

We had a great first home lesson, Jenny bought the sewing essentials which included strawberries and cream. Our next home school is tomorrow and I cant wait. Jenny has me creating my own pattern, I love it!

No comments: